Friday 17 January 2014

January Wish List

University life is one long reading list at the moment and so, unfortunately, I don't anticipate having much time to cosy up to a book over the next five months that isn't about global disasters/contemporary France or written by Zadie Smith.

I'm not complaining - studying Literature at Warwick is the best decision I've made yet. However, I really am eager to graduate to get back to reading some crime/thriller/chick-lit wonders (especially if I could do it for a career)! So, I've decided as a little New Years Resolution that each month I'll compile a short list of a few books which have been published and which I plan on reading - one day!

January

1. The Amber Fury - Nathalie Haynes (Corvus)
2. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn (Crown)
3. The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty (Penguin Books)
4. The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion (Penguin Books)
5. Barracuda - Christos Tsiolkas  (Atlantic Books) - a must considering I proof read the jacket during my internship!

And I just have to get on to And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini which has been waiting patiently on my kindle for far too long!!

I think that's a good start to my 2014 reading list - I can't wait 'til I find the time to dabble in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment